I just thought I would tell you guys about the most recent news on campus out here since I have the time. Basically, about a half an hour ago, a decent sized bomb went off somewhere near the front of campus, which is where I happened to be. Needless to say, I was seriously scared, so I took off and hid behind some vehicles. After talking to safety and everything, I drove as fast as I could back up to my dorm to see if I could find out some more info about what is going on. A friend of mine came through, informing me that one of the fraternities is throwing their Spring Break party tonight (which I knew), but in order to celebrate, they were setting off pipe bombs throughout campus. WHAT?!?! So I am now locked up in my dorm, not planning on leaving for anything, and quite a bit freaked out. I also just got off the phone with the police because I can take a frat joke, but this is not even close to funny. It is just scary. The only good thing I see out of this is that I have a feeling campus may be closing early for break, so maybe I can see everybody a little earlier than expected!
Anyway, I suppose I should start packing in the event that I can leave tomorrow. I just thought I would let you know how stupid this supposedly smart campus can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment